In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Baggage Check.”
I read a great to do list today that someone had kindly shared,
- Be grateful
- Be kind
- Let go of what I can’t change and things you can’t control
- Listen to my intuition
- Be productive and calm
All are fantastic actions to live by but for me the most relevant to how I am feeling at the moment is No. 3 letting go of what I can’t change and things you can’t control. A bit about me to ponder is I lean more to fight side of the flight or fight scenario, perhaps it’s the Taurus in me, a stubborn bull who finds it hard to budge. To add to the situation I may also be a little bit of a control freak but only little.
Have I lost the battle if I let it go, perhaps what I should be asking myself is if it was a cause worth fighting for. My intuition tells me no, my heart tells me yes. Dam heart. Now I have the theme song from Frozen in my head.
As I read through these actions it occurs to me that they are more powerful when checked off in an order that is conducive to where you want to go and feel.
- Be grateful – Always, I have a great life filled with wonderful people in it.
- Listen to my intuition – I know whats best for me and what is not.
- Be kind – Be kind to myself, you tried and it’s not about losing a battle it’s about conceding honorably.
- Be productive but calm – Better out than in , write it down and get it out of your system.
- BREATH – Relax
- Let go of what I can’t control or change – Done!
Felling so much lighter now, will rinse and repeat for the next few days just to be sure.